Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Ballad of A'lii 1







Hello all! Yes, I've entirely wiped out all previous posts and have started afresh. Not so much a re-invention, more a kind of rejuvenation. I tend to put off setting things like this up as I have an inclination to over-think everything about it and put it off until I have everything perfect in my head, which of course will never happen, as there is no such thing as perfection, and besides, there is nothing more off putting or uninspiring as perfection. So I'm just going to dive in, It's much better, i feel now, to start something, for better or worse, and build on it, rather than to wait for everything to be just so.

Now, that's the end of my thought ramble. This series of images are from a kind of story book we had t do in first year illustration, based on a puppet we made. It was rather a short deadline for the book. The puppet (it was more a model made of chicken wire, modroc and other bits and pieces) I made and the story I wrote around it was a re-imagining of the Greek god Pan. I have another image to post that wouldn't fit in this post, so I'll post that next and also the full text that I wrote for the book as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment